GameHounds Episode 9: Pimps and Hos
In: Podcasts by admin
Can you believe it? Two GameHounds Podcasts in one week?!?! What are you going to do with yourself?
I have an idea! How about curl up with a bowl of popcorn (or a six pack, your call) and have a listen to Edie and Hawkes’ take on the week’s gaming-industry news.
What news? How about this news:
- Raigan Burns and Mare Sheppard, the developers of N+, told Gamasutra that XBox Live Arcade is too full of “shit” games and needs to be cleansed.
- Microsoft wipes down personalized XBox 360, but apologizes with new replacement 360 signed by host of celebs, including Bill Gates.
- It seems that Sumner Redstone’s acquistion of Midway isn’t exactly a success. Actually, it smells more like a total failure.
- Analysts calls EA’s claim that it’s a “white knight” to save Rockstar Games “total bullshit.” Actually, we prefer the phrase “complete, utter and total bullshit.”
- Rock Band offers huge patch to fix lots of issues and debuts Rock Band Store, which… well.. rocks!
- In a double whammy of exclusive titles going south, Surfer Girl offers rumor that Sony is no longer funding L.A. Noire and Ubisoft backpeddles once again on PS3 exclusivity of Haze.
- Florida Supreme Court sanctions Jack Thompson and orders him to not contact the court directly again. If only it were that easy to get this guy to STFU.
- UPDATE: Electronics Boutique Canada retracts offer to refund Haze for a week after release. Yeah, we knew it was too good to be true.
- This is your last week to send in your entries for the Dinosaur contest, in which you could win a copy of Turok for the XBox 360. Tick, tick, tick. Time’s running out!
All this and more is just a mouseclick away. And, by the way, the embedded Flash Player on this post now works properly.
Don’t forget to give us your feedback in comments on this post or, ever better, at the GameHounds forums at PlatformNation.com.