Hawkes Needs GTA IV

In: Uncategorized by Edie Sellers

29 Apr 2008

I’m not usually for shameless whoring for cash.

Okay, yeah. I am.

But I know for a fact that Hawkes is not one to ask for charity. He’s a big, big man with a lot of big, big pride. He’s also a father, husband and corporate drone who’s not paid enough for all the work he does.

As you GameHounds listeners know, Hawkes recently moved and is dealing with increasing bills due to his son’s condition.

As such, I am going to buy Hawkes a copy of GTA IV, whether he likes it or not. I’m not rich, but I figure it’s the only thing I could do for my friend and collegue. Also, how sad would it be that a gaming podcaster would be denied the chance to discuss GTA in future podcasts?

So, today I was in GTA’s multiplayer with a listener and, upon hearing my plans, this wonderful listener (we heart delapp) said he’d love to send me a few bucks so he could also be part of the “Buy Hawkes the Greatest Game Evar” fund.

It occurred to me that GameHounds Podcast certainly has enough listeners that, if a few of you sent in a dollar or two, we could ALL buy him the game.

So if you’d like to send Hawkes anything — a few bucks, or a few cents — to get him GTA IV, use the enclosed donate button. Anyone who sends in any donation of any amount will be signed (by me) onto a card to accompany the game.

Even if you can’t afford to donate, don’t worry. He’ll be getting it anyway. But I wanted to give you a chance to be part of making Hawkes cry.

Because, dude, you know he totally will.

Update: The “donate” button now works. Thanks, Steve519 for the heads up.

6 Responses to Hawkes Needs GTA IV

Steve519

April 29th, 2008 at 5:58 pm

the donate button doesn’t work

TedvarT

April 30th, 2008 at 2:13 am

After playing GTA for some hours now i believe everybody need to play this game… (mmmm i love my special edition)

Donation sendt :D

Steve519

April 30th, 2008 at 2:35 am

donation sent. Hawkes please send one autographed picture of your left butt cheek to Thrillhouse 17 courtesy of myself.

Hawkes you need to play this game just as much as you need to keep podcasting, I need it, otherwise I’ll start going through withdraws. Big thanks goes out to you and Edie for all the hard work you all put into your free to download (everyone should show a little support) show.

Thanks Gamehounds Team

thedom

April 30th, 2008 at 7:19 am

Donation sent, Keep up the great podcast !

April 30th, 2008 at 8:22 am

sent…

April 30th, 2008 at 9:47 am

What the heck!?!? I should visit more often.. what are you doing?? Why?!?

..sniff… thank you…