GameHounds Episode 16: My Testes Bring All the Boys to the Yard

9 May 2008

It’s only Saturday, but lo, here through the muck and mire cometh the newest episode of GameHounds, Episode 16: My Testes Bring All the Boys to the Yard.

Testes? Indeed! Since we recorded before the release of the Gears of War 2 trailer, we discuss these most precious gems and other precious nuggest of the week from the gaming-industry news.

Want links? After the jump…

Enjoy the lively banter. We certainly enjoyed fighting.

7 Responses to GameHounds Episode 16: My Testes Bring All the Boys to the Yard

Platform Nation » Blog Archive » GameHounds Episode 16: My Testes Bring All the Boys to the Yard

May 9th, 2008 at 9:48 pm

[...] (more…) CommentSubscribe You may also like… Edie to appear on XBL RadioA small consolation for the lack of a GameHounds podcast this week. If you really need to get a GameHounds fix before next week, look forDaylight Savings Hoses Regular Podcast ScheduleAre you waiting with excitement for GameHounds Episode 7?Well, you’ll have to wait a little to get it.Because of Saturday’s switch over to Daylight SavingsGameHounds Goes on Spring BreakI know you’re already dying for the next episode of GameHounds Podcast. So are we. Really. We love doing the podcast, and we wish we could do Comments There are no comments just yet, why not be the first? Leave a Comment Required Required (Will not be published) [...]

qwertos

May 12th, 2008 at 4:42 am

Did you talk about the pr0n game i sent you?… have not had a chance to listen yet.

Simon D. Ivanoff

May 12th, 2008 at 7:31 am

Great show as usual, folks!

I’m glad I got to experience the GTA Welcome Party with you guys, even though Maj Malfunction kicked my ass countless times as well :(

About the E.A./Mass Effect situation…I agree that it was never going to happen to begin with, Hawkes. They definitely needed to gauge a reaction from the PC Gaming Community before they rolled this new procedure out on every damn 2008 release and beyond. Thankfully, gamers won’t stand for that type of garbage! (especially ones who actually DO pirate games!)

Anyways, keep up the good work, hounds!

-SDI of CyberpunksGaming.Com

sado

May 12th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Just had to reply about the M rated games needing photo id to be purchased at retailers thing that you guys discussed on the cast -

A similar type of legislation was proved to be unconstitutional in Michigan I believe that was about to be put into law because it crosses the line in hampering freedom of speech. As well as that the latest study that came out found that 80% of all people who bought an M rated game were asked for ID which is a much higher rating than movies and music where they have around only 20% of all people asked for ID. I don’t have the link to the article in my hands right now but im sure you know of the article already.

The biggest thing I think people have to remember is that where are the kids (10-16 year olds) getting the money to purchase these games? It is often the parents that are giving them the money as part of allowances and ect to purchase whatever they want with it. This issue lies more in the hands of the parents not taking the responsibility of being parents. Whether it’s a societal problem or an independent one is something that should be looked at but to force a retailer via fines and penalties for something they already should be doing on their own seems like we’re heading towards a police state. If a retailer finds out that an employee sold a game rated M or higher to an underage kid they should be either fired or reprimanded, not have the retailer be fined.

The problem with retailers selling games is that they are still inexperienced with the rating systems and requirements of them and more information needs to be distributed to them on behalf of the ESRB. Ultimately the problem lies in many areas – the industry, retailers, the ESRB, but mostly in the hands of the parents who have not properly assumed the responsibilities of being a parent.

Bill Bradley AKA Bodabo

May 12th, 2008 at 7:48 pm

Had a good time playin online with you guys, keep up the great work on the podcast ..

project 101 (xbl)

May 13th, 2008 at 8:50 am

Hay cooper if you want a gun fast in gta4 look for any “shady” guys and walk into them a few times and get them mad then run your ass to the closest cop and let the cop kill him dead the walk over and take his money and gun.

Cat

May 19th, 2008 at 6:54 am

I always keep meaning to listen to the podcasts, but I only ever listen to podcasts when I’m in the bus/train/wherever and always forget to update my Ipod, yada yada yada… Anyways, I listened to like four Gamehounds podcasts today, so effectively I’ve listened to you guys pretty much all morning which is kind of weird I suppose..

As I’ve said before I think I love your podcasts and your ranting about stuff and instead of commenting on each of them [which is kind of difficult as they've all sort of merged into one], this is a couple things that I’ve thought of while listening to it:

Edie, I loved your GTA commercial! I was listening to it thinking that surely the voices aren’t just you! It’s brilliant! Same as the first one you played by whatever his name was.

CooperHawkes, You really think MGS4 will be on the 360 somehow? That would definitely be interesting..

There was more stuff, damn short term memory!