Humpdate 06-10-08

10 Jun 2008

It’s Wednesday, and that means your Humpdate is ready to server. Pop it in the oven, set heat to 350 degrees, and bake for approximately 58 minutes.

Usually this is the place where we list out our topics. But it’s late, and I’m high on Double Chocolate Malted Crunch ice cream and I haven’t changed the sheets on the bed.

In other words, this week, the show notes are taking a holiday. Let me just break it down for you:

Blah, blah, blah, Metal Gear Solid 4, blah, blah, Portal 2, blah, blah, Haze (blech!), iPhone, Call of Duty, blah, blah, Xbox, Playstation 3, blah, blah, Edie will guest on the next episode of The Married Gamers Podcast (listen to it, bitches!).

Yeah, that sums it up.

8 Responses to Humpdate 06-10-08

June 11th, 2008 at 1:19 pm

An easy and awesome show you two.

hey not to bug ya Edie.. but what does it take to join you on the show?

Cephiros

June 11th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Your immortal soul! No, I kid, I kid. I have not listened to it yet. For some reason my Itunes did not sync it this morning so I usually listen to the hump update on Thursdays.

dave19711998

June 11th, 2008 at 7:42 pm

You were talking abot Commando 3 this week and I thought you would be interested in this morsel of information.

Those intending to buy this game with the idea of getting into the SF2HD remix will have to wait until the 25th of June. I won’t be available to download until then. If you try to download before this date, you will get an error.

Here is a direct link to the Capcom blog.

Travis

June 12th, 2008 at 6:40 am

Hey guys, is there another link I can download the podcast from? My work blocks your libsyn.com link for downloading the MP3. :P

Cephiros

June 12th, 2008 at 10:21 am

Oh yeah, another great show Edie and Simon. Also, glad I was able to help alert you to that RSS issues and Itunes not updating.

Simon D.I. of CyberpunksGaming.Com

June 12th, 2008 at 11:30 am

Thanks, folks, for the awesome feedback! And Dave, thanks for that info. This definitely makes me sad :(

I planned on playing SFII HD all week, and on my birthday on the 20th. :(

Someone’s going to have to get me a birthday gift to cheer me up now :(

Kropotkin

June 13th, 2008 at 4:52 am

Great show as always but I wish to chime in over the love-in that the iPhone got.

The iPhone is a classic example of style over function which Apple are renouned for. Their take on the mobile phone falls flat on its face when compared against Nokia’s N95.

Nokia’s behemouth beats Apple’s over hyped pile of junk in every possible way. It has a 5 megapixel camera, iPhone only has a 2 megapixel. It has a built in LED flash and can record video. The iPhone does not and cannot. The N95 has a 3.5mm jack that *any* set of headphones can be plugged into whilst the iPhone requires an adaptor. Add to this the ability to upgrade the memory to 24 Gb, removeable battery, built in GPS and full 3G functionality it is clear that the iPhone is a third rate lump of plastic who’s only real use is as a very pretty paper weight.

So the next time you with to prevaricate over the virtues of the iPhone I suggest you Google the following phrase:

iPhone vs N95.

The links it brings up make for some very interesting reading and you will start to eat some humble pie once you have done so.

Oh and before you harp on about the new iPhone Nokia have outmatched it with the N96 which is even more feature packed than the N95.

The lesson here? Don’t believe the hype, especially when it comes from Apple!

June 13th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Travis and anyone having a problem loading Libsyn because of security or some such nonsense:

I have set up a VERY temporary site where I have uploaded the last three entries on the RSS feed (two Humpdates and one GH episode).

I’m doing it for a listener who’s on an oil rig in the North Sea and is having the same security problem. Feel free to use this link to hear these last three podcasts:

HOWEVER… THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT FIX! I’ll check with Libsyn to find out why so many of you are having security problems with the feed. If we can’t fix it, we may have to find a more permanent solution.

thanks for the heads up on this.

Edie