GameHounds Episode 20: Even My Butt Wants to Smoke

14 Jun 2008

It’s Sunday, and that means your weekly dose of GameHounds is ready for you.

This episode you can enjoy listening to Edie lose her ever-lovin’ mind as she makes it through her first podcast without benefit of Nicotine. Listen as Hawkes defies death by taunting the rabid Edie. Does she sound different? Does she sound sane? Perhaps posessed? I think even Hawkes was a little scared.

Topics after the jump:

In this week’s podcast, Edie and Hawkes discuss:

10 Responses to GameHounds Episode 20: Even My Butt Wants to Smoke

Bill (Bodabo 420)

June 14th, 2008 at 11:17 pm

This show made me smoke more lol

June 15th, 2008 at 7:58 am

BETTER NOT BE A PRICE BREAK

Im so going to be pissed if there is. DAMNIT *and I don’t even smoke!*

dave19711998

June 15th, 2008 at 8:21 am

Yor doing OK. I started sweating for two days after I quit. I’m using gum and I probably look like a cow constantly chewing. I warned everyone to stay out the way for a week or two.

after listening to the podcast, I don’t feel to strange. I have been playing race driver grid and wanted to put my fist through the screen. It’s really hard at first and I’m gagging for a fag (smoke).

dave19711998

June 15th, 2008 at 8:31 am

I know this is going to sound stupid but, how do I leave feedback on Itunes?

I pimp your show weekly on my podcast as well. I hope it helps.

Platform Nation » Blog Archive » GameHounds Episode 20: Even My Butt Wants to Smoke

June 15th, 2008 at 11:59 am

[...] (more…) CommentSubscribe You may also like… Edie to appear on XBL RadioA small consolation for the lack of a GameHounds podcast this week. If you really need to get a GameHounds fix before next week, look forGameHounds Goes on Spring BreakI know you’re already dying for the next episode of GameHounds Podcast. So are we. Really. We love doing the podcast, and we wish we could doGameHounds Episode 17: GameHounds Goes Clean!This week, our intrepid hosts, Edie Sellers and Cooper Hawkes, test the waters of propriety by going obscenity free! Okay, maybe not “free,” but at Comments There are no comments just yet, why not be the first? Leave a Comment Required Required (Will not be published) [...]

June 16th, 2008 at 7:00 am

Well, I doubt the PS3 controller rumor is true myself. I have no clue how you can get the IR sensor on the controller with the trigger buttons there so it could actually function like a Wii Remote. I call Bullshit on this one.

Robbie Back is a dipshit, I am on 360 #5 right now. 2 Red Rings of Death, 2 Dead DVD drives. 1 Currently working 360. Of course, I make em eat a retail 360 each time by buying one to use while mine is out and returning it. Their Customer Service gets worse with every repair and takes longer each time. Complete fucking bullshit.

Cephiros

June 16th, 2008 at 10:02 am

Yeah, I don’t trust Microsoft when it comes to customer service at all. I bought the product replacement from Best Buy just in case. Robbie Bach is a douche for even saying that. I know, I know print media may have taken out of context. However, everyone should know that and choose what they say carefully.

I commend you for trying to quit smoking. After listening to this episode I have an idea of what my girlfriend will be like. I’ll have to get some armor and such I guess.

Use that aggression Edie on tonight’s Margaririta Monday if we’re having one.

KEVERS

June 16th, 2008 at 5:23 pm

hey

So I gave it a listen. I liked it, I think you did a good job. I didn’t realize your co-host was female. This is a plus as a female gamers prespective is always interesting, especially on certain matters. This is an advantage you have that alot of sausage podcast don’t.
I think you two pulled off the procedure just great. Game talk, then jumped into news. I know you said there are only 2 of you and you don’t usually play the same games. But rather than one person blabing for 15 minutes about their game while everyone else sits and listens, you guys spent adequate time on the subject given only one of you played it. Anything longer become a one sided boring conversation (1UP)
The atmosphere was very lively and upbeat, I didn’t find myself day dreaming or what not. Your personalities scream LISTEN TO ME NOW! either personlities or lack of nicitine.
My only piss off it the actual media player being in the same window. Mabye I was doing it wrong, but when I went to surf through your blogs, I lost the player and had to start over.

But yeah, great job. I just might come back for future shows.

Simon D. I. of CyberpunksGaming.Com

June 17th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

AWESOME SHOW as usual, folks! Edie, congratulations on a smoke-free episode! If I hear even ONE PUFF tomorrow during the Humpdate recording, though, all HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!

Anyways, I thought I’d mention that, for some reason, I simply don’t mind the 2-3 minute install time in MGS4. I DO prefer it to changing the actual disc,…but still…changing the disc had a very epic, important feel to it. (Especially in FF7 when Aeris (sp?) dies, and at that moment you’re asked to switch discs….DAMMMMMN!)

Anyways, thanks for another rage-fueled show, Hawkes & Edie!!!

SayUNKLE

June 17th, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Hey Hey all and a big “atta boy” er…… “atta girl” for kicking the butt, even if it does wanna smoke.

I am somewhat of a recent dedicated follower of your podcasts, 9 or so episodes. Plase excuse if this is not the proper topic to post but I would love to hear Edie’s and Hawkes perspective on Unreal Tournament 3. I think we can all agree that the UT3 release was not perhaps on it’s game for its initial release. The game has had mixed reviews (multiplayer anyways..) and Epic will be releasing Patch 1.3 soon which I have personally spent many hours of testing on the BETA 1.3 patch. Ideally after the “official”release of this patch Unreal Tournament 3 should be performing closer to its expected performance. What do you guys think?

With such a popular title it seems very intriguing gauging why UT3 has not been recieved well (pre latest patch) considering the budget and talented of the Epic crew. What can other developers learn from this and what is to become of the Unreal franchise?

I love the show and I will be heavily promoting your podcast at http://www.sayunkle.com Keep up the great work and one day at a time Edie. We ({UNK} are all pullin for ya!