Humpdate 06-18-08

18 Jun 2008

Wednesday brings the unofficial start of the unofficial start of the weekend — the official-unofficial start of the weekend being Thursday.

How’s that for figuring out something original to say about the Jan Brady of weekdays?

It also, however, brings you a new Humpdate episode. Edie and Simon DI dig deep into the first half of the week’s news. Despite being deep in the pre-E3 doldrums, there’s a hell of a lot going on. Nothing official, but it’s the unofficial stuff that gets our tongues wagging.

Topics and links after the jump…

This week, Simon and Edie discuss:

Enjoy

7 Responses to Humpdate 06-18-08

June 19th, 2008 at 6:28 am

A forza 3 with over 100 tracks? That sounds a little too good to be true.. yet it would be awesome if it is!

Finally figured out how to upload podcasts automatically on my Zune program to upload to my Zune. Listening at my work.. and its awesome!

Keep up the good work!

Cephiros

June 19th, 2008 at 9:32 am

Great episode for my mid week Gamehounds fix. However, not entirely clean. I would have the same thing as Simon DI to what Nintendo said about gamers.

I don’t think Trayach (sp?) should take as much flak as it usually does. From what I heard is that they only had like 11 months to fully develope Call of Duty 3.

I am not 360 fanboy so I am glad that Firmware 2.4 pontentially has those features coming. Means I won’t have to wait once I have the money to purchase one.

While overall, I do like the Final Fantasy series. I mean, come on, my nick that I’ve had for almost 8 years is a variation of the main villian in FF7.
However, it is also the name of alternate world of Magic Knight Rayearth and has connections to Jewish mysticism.

My first was FF4, I’ve beaten 5,6,7, almost 8, never really bothered with 9, beat 10, 11 is an MMO, and never really got into FF12. I think I’ve pretty much lost my interest in that series.

Platform Nation » Blog Archive » Humpdate 06-18-08

June 19th, 2008 at 11:18 am

[...] (more…) CommentSubscribe You may also like… Humpdate 05-21-08It’s midweek, and that means the GameHounds Humpdate comes to you direct from our temporal lobes to your tympanic membrane. This week, Edie and Simon D.IGameHounds Humpdate DebutsThe feedback from our forums is in. Almost without exception, you said you’d like to hear a mid-week GameHounds update, and we’re not ones to argueHumpdate 05-28-08Yes, we know you were expecting a regular GameHounds episode, but forces beyond our control made Hawkes MIA. So rather than make a Hawkesless GameHounds Comments There are no comments just yet, why not be the first? Leave a Comment Required Required (Will not be published) [...]

June 19th, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Another fun humpdate (that sounds . . . delightfully salacious).

I think Treyarch has earned its reputation–they have exactly one good game, Spider-Man 2, and a solid expansion pack to their name. Call of Duty 3 was wretched, so it makes perfect sense that folks would approach another Treyarch WWII game with great trepidation.

Not sure about the Apple/Sony/Microsoft theory either, considering MGS4 was created by Konami and is all but destined to hit the 360. And it’s not really like Sony and MS are mortal enemies–I’d be willing to wager that they do far more business with each other than either one does with Apple.

P.S. Clan of the Cave Bear. ;-)

June 19th, 2008 at 9:24 pm

YES… CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR!!!!!!!

Wow. Impressive.

Thanks!

dave19711998

June 20th, 2008 at 5:23 am

The reason why Final Fantasy is called that, is because; when they were creating the game, they didn’t think it would do well and expected it to be the last game that they ever make.

So they called it Final Fantasy, expecting to be looking for another job once they had finished the game. Just thought I would let you know.

Cephiros

June 20th, 2008 at 11:47 am

Yep, that’s pretty much the orgin to the name for Final Fantasy. I know no longer excited about the series anymore. I mean, FF4 was my first rpg on my SNES. FF7 was a system seller for me on PS1. You can argue that FF10 was a system seller for me on PS2. However, The main reason I will eventually get a PS3 is for blu-ray and not FF13.

In fact I’ve more fun with Dragon Quest and Star Ocean in recent years.

I think MGS4 will come to the Xbox 360. No, I’m not a fanboy who hates the PS3. I really just hate the idea of exclusives. However, if it doesn’t come. Oh well, I am eventually going to get a PS3.