Hey, Can I Get a Ride?

In: Uncategorized by Edie Sellers

30 Jun 2008

You wouldn’t pick up a hitchhiker, would you?

Noooo… that would be bad. And dangerous.

But in this case, it’s neither, and you could score some GameHounds swag out of it.

Edie is coming into Long Beach Airport on Monday, July 13 to attend E3 at the L.A. Convention Center.

Why Long Beach? Because her airline doesn’t fly to LAX yet.

Somehow she must get from Long Beach to Downtown L.A. in two hours. Not usually a problem, except the shuttles cost an arm, leg, and a breast.

So she’s looking for any GameHounds listener who’s available at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, July 13 who can spend an hour or so to drive her to Downtown L.A. The reward, in addtion to Edie’s love and adoration, would include a GameHounds t-shirt, an Assault Heroes 2 baseball cap, and some E3 swag once the event is over.

Email edie@gamehounds.net if you’re up for the challenge.

7 Responses to Hey, Can I Get a Ride?

June 30th, 2008 at 7:43 pm

Wish I could help out… but Im thousand miles in the midwest.. sorry Edie!

Simon D.I. of CyberpunksGaming.Com

July 1st, 2008 at 8:39 am

DAMN! Me too, Maynard! Edie, you need to come live out in the Midwest where all us gentlemen are!

But seriously, though, I wish I could help! :(

July 1st, 2008 at 10:21 am

Well, hell, if we can pay to keep Hawkes in games, maybe we should pay to get Edie to E3?

Slymanx

July 1st, 2008 at 7:11 pm

A taxi might help?

July 1st, 2008 at 11:33 pm

If you can get the ESA to change E3 from LA to the midwest, I’m so there!

And that’s okay about “donations” to pay for Edie to get from Long Beach to LA. I can get a shuttle if need be. I just wanted to throw it out there in case someone could do the deed.

And a taxi? Try about $80 to $100… Shuttle is $50. I’d rather go the shuttle route.

July 2nd, 2008 at 8:30 am

Wait, you had your training simulator didn’t you? When you need a ride you just walk up to a random car and yank out the driver and proceed to your destination.

That’s how GTA taught me to do it……

Cephiros

July 2nd, 2008 at 2:13 pm

I agree with Maj. Malfunction, that’s what GTA taught me too! Wish I could help ya out but I am up in Portland, OR and I don’t know how to drive so that wouldn’t help.