GameHounds Episode E3.1: Microsoft OMG

14 Jul 2008

As promised, the first installment of the exclusive E3 coverage. Hawkes and Edie discuss Monday’s events (thus the .1 of the episode number).

Or should we say “event,” as the annoucements of Microsoft really ruled the day. Just when we think we had the big green monster all figured out, they throw a curve ball and blow our socks off.

Enjoy our take on the Microsoft press briefing, the leaks and rumors, and all the day’s events. Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for the .2 episode (aka: Tuesday).

9 Responses to GameHounds Episode E3.1: Microsoft OMG

Slymanx

July 15th, 2008 at 12:15 am

OMG IT CUTS OUT RIGHT WHEN YOUR ABOUT TO- iowhaodihwodhaodnladna;kwldna

grrrrr

July 15th, 2008 at 3:20 am

Ends mid-sentence at 22 minutes.

Hawkes

July 15th, 2008 at 5:45 am

I am aware of this issue, but I am powerless to do anything about it.

I texted Edie, she was kind, but curt, to remind me that it was “5 FUCKING AM”

She didn’t say it like that, but that’s how she meant it. :) She’ll fix it I’m sure.

Bodabo

July 15th, 2008 at 6:07 am

lol I love the intro…genius!!!! haha hawkes ^^^^

Murphys Law @ couchmercenaries.com

July 15th, 2008 at 8:23 am

Regarding the little foray you two had about Sony’s reaction to the MS conference. Honestly I don’t think Sony is all that concerned over the “game” part of the MS conference. Sony and MS are still very much neck and neck in sales lately and in terms of games both will still have something to offer.

I do however think Sony is starting to see cracks already forming in their Blu Ray fortress. The biggest threat to Sony out of that confrence was the Netflix announcement. On Demand, streamed video inches digital distribution just that much closer to being a true force. And if Netflix is able to support a streamed HD movie download in the future… Sony and Blu Ray are going to be in for a rough ride much sooner than most would think. Digital Distribution…Sony’s worst nightmare given how much they have invested in Blu Ray.

July 15th, 2008 at 8:40 am

One might say that Sony is the French, and they build a hugely impressive Maginot Line (Bluray), except that Microsoft aka the Germans are trying to do a blitzkrieg AROUND the Maginot Line.

Yes, I know way too much about games and WWII, why do you ask?

Hawkes

July 15th, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Heartbreak,

Are you implying that Microsoft=Nazi’s?? :)

erwinanfire

July 15th, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Thanks for the coverage.Hawkes good ‘eye’ on catching that leak on gamerscoreblog.Congrats and umm…good shit.

July 15th, 2008 at 5:19 pm

No, no, I would never do something so trite, that’s why I said Germans and not Nazis. :)