GameHounds Episode 28: Offend Everybody

10 Aug 2008

In this very special episode of GameHounds, Alex P. Keaton says goodbye to his sister Mallorie… Wait, that’s not right. Sorry. Channeling 80s sitcoms again.

In this very special episode of GameHounds, Edie Sellers and Cooper Hawkes welcome a guest host, Mrs. LeftyBrown of The Married Gamers podcast. They talk about dead celebrities and colored poo. No really. That part’s true.

Really. Stop laughing.

When not explaining exactly what blue food coloring does to your body and Mrs. LeftyBrown weakly attemping to assert that her listeners are better than our listeners, they also delve deep into the last week of gaming industry news.

Topics and links (and how YOU can make Mrs. LeftyBrown eat her words) after the jump…

Topics include:

Don’t forget to check out Playpalooza 08, Platform Nation’s upcoming charity and gaming marathon on August 14! It’s going to be huge and it’s a great cause! The Married Gamers have thrown down the gauntlet to GameHounds, and we’re just not going to stand for that. Give till it hurts.

13 Responses to GameHounds Episode 28: Offend Everybody

JTHomeslice

August 11th, 2008 at 7:20 am

Yeah, I can’t download this or the last Humpdate. I’m on the Itunes feed.

Bodabo 420

August 11th, 2008 at 7:25 am

Great show guys as always…. The game that said you had to pay for the weapons is Battlefield: Bad Company…Im pretty sure.

NovaShenron

August 11th, 2008 at 8:16 am

This episode didn’t offend, unless I was one of those frat boy nerds that needs a lancer next to my master chief helmet and GTA security box. The only thing I missed was Mr. Cooper Hawkes in the latter part of the show. It was torture at times listening to the remaining gamer wives ramble on about subjects that would only be relevant to middle aged women. This show did have its moments, but Gamehounds with two women was worse than waterboard torture. Go Hawkes!

Lt. Nova Signing out

August 11th, 2008 at 8:29 am

Really? Only things important to middle aged women?

You mean the Lancer bundle pack on Amazon? Or Fable 2′s leaked achievements.

Seriously, you think only middle-aged women interested in that? Maybe I’m wrong.

dave19711998

August 11th, 2008 at 9:22 am

NovaShenron comments on the surface seemed a bit strange. Iwould say that perhaps NovaShenron means that the subjects do not interest himself personally.

It was a good episode but the Married gamer’s voice was very piercing to me. I wouldn’t take it too personally, as I hate my own voice as well and I have to listen to that all the time.

Even if for some reason that middle aged women talked about certain gaming subjects, isn’t that a good thing? We need to keep prospective sometimes and whether it be middle aged women, old men, young girls or boys, it is still interesting to get a clear perspective of the gaming world and that is why I enjoy your podcast, coming from a middle age man.

My taste in games and news are influenced by the following: If the game has some cute furry creature, does not require a special cut out layout for me the learn and remember all the controls. (Cyrsis I’m looking at you)

August 11th, 2008 at 9:24 am

Well.. I was about to get the Lancer Ed GOW2.. but nevermind. At least I’ll be a dumbass with Fallout 3 and with my lunch box and bobble head.

BTW… what games are being played on Playapalooza? Im sooo going to join! I might have a couple bucks to share with the group!

Great show this week!

Jay900

August 11th, 2008 at 10:18 am

great show again this week!

August 11th, 2008 at 10:21 am

If you can point me to those middle aged women who like to talk about Gears of War 2 and Fable achievements, I’d appreciate it so I can have The Wife hang out with them – it might rub off!

Cephiros

August 11th, 2008 at 11:21 am

Great show! Had fun with Halo 3 and Rockband. Hope to do it again soon. I liked the Fable 2 achievements you listed off, gotta check at the full list tonight.

Platform Nation » Blog Archive » GameHounds Episode 28: Offend Everybody

August 11th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

[...] (more…) Like what you see? Help PN by promoting us with the links below: [...]

August 12th, 2008 at 4:27 am

I don’t mind listening to the ladies at all. I think it is good for us to hear from the feminine perspective from time to time. Its not like they were talking Barbie’s horse adventures. I had not heard Mrs. Leftybrown before and I enjoyed her on the show.

I do have my Fallout 3 Lunchbox and Bobblehead ordered, I almost did the PipBoy clock as well, but chickened out. I am not doing the Lancer because I really don’t find it that appealing and while I like Gears of War, I don’t love it.

I have my Halo 3 Legendary ed and my GA IV collector’s ed as well.

I would ask Edie to think of our buying these things in this way…

Its how we get our gaming Swag. You do a podcast, go to E3 and PAX and you get free cool swag from the publishers and developers. Those of us who are the average consumer have to buy our knicknacks that we like to display from our favorite hobby.

So while it seems like a waste and seems to be overly expensive, it is a lot cheaper than an hotel room, meals, cab fare, and a ticket from Indiana to Seattle or LA.

Just my personal point of view as a buttdart who buys the occasional collector’s edition.

August 12th, 2008 at 6:27 am

I would echo Maj’s sentiments. I figure the Special Editions or the Super Special Editions appeals to the completist/collector, who probably is the type to get 1000/1000 achievement points anyway… (which sadly includes me, at least on RPGs).

August 12th, 2008 at 9:39 am

Kelly was awesome! You should have her back again–I like keeping Hawkes outnumbered. ;-)

btw–best way to turn your crap blue? Frankenberry cereal. Seriously. You’d think Booberry, but no–Frankenberry, my friends.