Gamehounds Episode 38: The White Album

19 Oct 2008

It’s a new week. A week minus the Boston Red Sox.

And that makes us sad.

However, you can soak your painful souls in this week’s episode of GameHounds. Hawkes and Edie tackle a weird week in news, one in which LittleBigPlanet is delayed for religious reasons, Yoda and Darth Vadar crossing over in Soulcaliber, Portal comes to Xbox Live and the amazing complexity and difficulty of Wii Music.

Aaaaahahahaaaa… We couldn’t keep a straight face. We tried. We tried.

Topics and links after the jump…

This week, Edie and Hawkes discuss:

13 Responses to Gamehounds Episode 38: The White Album

Bodabo 420

October 19th, 2008 at 10:18 pm

Man Ive been having such a boring day, I was looking forward to the show pretty much all day so I decided to stay up late (its 2:00am here) and wait for the show..(I know that may sound weird but I dont really have much to do anyways)…..But im sure glad I did because that was an AMAZING show….
Not much gaming news but plenty of commentary lol

Hawkes your sure to get some feedback from this show haha and id love to hear about it if you do..

Thanks Edie for sending those shirts , sorry bout being Canadian and all haha

Keep up the great work guys!!!

October 19th, 2008 at 10:47 pm

I think Edie got you again this week, Hawkes, on the Little Big Planet story.

Sony didn’t kowtow–they did the right thing for their business. And what’s this nonsense about it looking like they’re afraid they’re going to get bombed? How much pumpkin ale did you drink? Sony has MUCH more to fear from the American media on this issue than they do from some religious extremists. They’re all about protecting their revenue–especially when it comes to their flagship holiday title. The last thing they need is Fox News running an exposé about how their apparently family-friendly video game is secretly teaching your children verses from the Qur’an. You’re right about one thing–this IS America…where you have to pander to morons.

Hell, half the hayseeds in this country think we’re on the verge of electing a Muslim sleeper cell to the highest office in the land.

It cost them seven days and a little bit of money to prevent something that could seriously fuck over their Christmas sales. Smart move.

October 20th, 2008 at 4:08 am

@mik,

I understand the business angle of it, and it makes sense for them to be cautious, the problem is that there’s this hypersensitivity to things relating to the Muslim religion which is starting to get on my nerves. When viewed from an outsiders perspective it feels like kowtowing.

Robb

October 20th, 2008 at 5:27 am

Nice LBP chat! I love it how many American’s are “offended” by the sudden delay. I think the word “inconvenienced” is a lot closer to the sentiment. As for the song in question, you I personally won’t miss it–unless the next song is picked from the Wii Music list.

October 20th, 2008 at 5:59 am

I cancelled my LBP preorder. If I get it, I’m buying used. The delay does not offend me – the BS and PC cowardice behind it does.

ErwinAnFire

October 20th, 2008 at 7:41 am

great show, I was VERY reluctant about Deadspace,I am not a fan of horror games at all.I only picked it up when I got the lbp delay news. Bullshit to the side, it is a great game, better than the first gears I think.Please try this game you won’t regret it. I will agree with Edie, it is not scary at all, more gears (I heart gears)than RE(wich I hate btw).the trophies are well thought out and God bless them for supporting the trophy hunting.

October 20th, 2008 at 8:17 am

Wow… what a great discussion about LBP and Nintendo. I hate how sony has blown this up to make them look unprofessional. The guy who sent the letter was very formal like and then sony messed up.

BTW, HAWKES. The Wii is a nice system! Sure Reggie just slapped us in the face with that statement, and sure Wii Music is going to suck, but sell like crazy thanks to the casuals. But I love my Wii! I play all my favorite Gamecube games on it, and some of the best Wii titles as well. (trust me Warioware Smoothmoves pays off as a really good drinking game)

But in the end great show you two! Keep up the good work!

ErwinAnFire

October 20th, 2008 at 9:16 am

I sold my wii a while back, had I not, I’d be on the corner selling my wii today.

Bodabo 420

October 20th, 2008 at 10:29 am

OMG I shouldn’t of stay up till 2 last night……I just woke up (its 2:30pm) and I wake up to go check the mail and what do I see a UPS notice on my door!!!
Man now I have to wait till tomorrow haha no biggie tho

gemini ace

October 20th, 2008 at 1:25 pm

if the new animal crossing game sucks, I’m selling my Wii.

Robb

October 20th, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Edie, was the game Kropotkin recommended from Wiiware “World of Goo?”

cory grimes

October 23rd, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I think the game Edie wanted to talk about, but forgot what it was is World of Goo, for the Wii and the PC. I bought the PC version, and it is an amazing game. Reminds me of Boom Blox, or Jenga, but with way more fun physics, and way more challenging. Definetly worth buying, though I’m not sure how well the game controls with the Wiimote, but it controls well with the mouse.

October 23rd, 2008 at 5:28 pm

No, actually it’s Lost Winds.

I’ve downloaded it and am playing it right now. You’ll hear about it on GH.