Humpdate 1-14-09

14 Jan 2009

Hey. Guess what? It’s Humpdate time kids!

Yaaaayyy!

This week Edie the Clown and Mr. Commander Tim teach valuable lessons in how to be angry, bitter old people!

Yaaaayyy!

Marvel as they grind their teeth and shake their fists about the following topics:

• Analysts project that Sony will post a $1.1 billion operating loss this fiscal year.
  • While not technically dead, Pandemic Studios Brisbane has been kicked to the curb by Electronic Arts.
  • One of IGN’s podcasts says that one “major online title” coming to the Wii will be dropping the Friends Code system.
  • Nintendo desperately attempts to make Wii Music relevent by sending it out to music teachers and hoping they will say nice things.
  • Random stuff: Nintendo DSi release date, Resident Evil 5 demo news, The Maw‘s release date, Wii Rock Band news, and DLC info for Castle Crashers, Fallout 3, and Mirror’s Edge.

6 Responses to Humpdate 1-14-09

January 14th, 2009 at 9:04 pm

I think it’s high time you relent and declare Wii Music a success. Over roughly the same time period (release dates varied in other territories):

Wii Music: 2.2 million
Fable II: 2.4 million
Fallout 3: 2.9 million (on two platforms)

It’s a success.

Tim, it sucks you can’t use your arcade stick on the 360, but there are lots of places that make arcade-grade sticks for the 360. This place is one of my favorites (although they’re a little slow and pricey–the stuff is incredible): http://www.aiabstore.com/

dave19711998

January 15th, 2009 at 3:51 am

I think that commander Tim adds a different perspective to the Humpdate and is a good thing. I’m playing Skies of Arcadia at the moment, partly because I have no money.

I think there is nothing wrong with not liking the current video industry. I do find it slightly annoying that the majority of current generation console games, could be done better on the PC.

I don’t like using a controller to play a game that would be easier to play on a keyboard and mouse. I’m sure I could probably try and balance a keyboard and mouse on my lap and try and play the game on the Playstation3, but I can’t really be bothered.

It also doesn’t help that quite a few games were made on the same engine.

Slymanx

January 15th, 2009 at 9:02 pm

I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Game Developers are out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s work, Pandemic Studios is down under, Sony has had it’s worst fiscal year in decades. Punks are running wild in the street and buying up majority stock in game companies and then selling it right away.. We know the terrible to play and metacritic is unfit to review, and we sit playing our Call of Duties, our Gears of Wars, our Halos, all while some local gaming news site tells us that today we had three companies go bankrupt and sixty-three thousand copies of spore were pirated, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be. We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we go out more. We don’t sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting less entertaining, and all we say is, ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my Xbox 360 and my HDTV and my copy of Fable II and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’ Well, Gamehounds is not gonna leave you alone. They want you to get mad! They don’t want you to protest. They don’t want you to riot – They don’t want you to write to your congressman because they wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. They don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and Electonic Arts and the WiiMusic. All they know is that first you’ve got to get mad!

Commander Tim

January 16th, 2009 at 7:29 pm

@Slymanx:

Masterfully done. I applaud your amazing interpretation of that famous monologue. Take a bow.

January 17th, 2009 at 4:27 am

@Slymanx:

Wow… I didn’t realize we had such smart fans, I mean I knew you were all smarter than me, but to take Chayefsky’s words and put them that way?

That’s beautiful sir, I salute you and adore you!

Michipoo18