GameHounds Episode 58: Tim Fighter IV

8 Mar 2009

And this week it’s on time.

Conquering time, space and virus, the GameHounds team brings you the latest and greatest episode.

This week it’s Hawkesless, but Edie Sellers and Commander Tim carry the torch of news, views and commentary. It’s a good week for news, and here’s what they talk about:

10 Responses to GameHounds Episode 58: Tim Fighter IV

MXCContestant

March 9th, 2009 at 6:29 am

Edie! Please hand in your gamertag as you really don’t deserve it for not knowing about 9/9/99!!!! Sega put a huge marketing campaign behind the date, the epicness can be compared to the Halo 3 Believe campaign (just to put it into perspective).

Anyways great show guys!

March 9th, 2009 at 8:00 am

Minneapolis is a GREAT city. Love it. I almost moved there. But it’s just too. goddamned. cold.

Not sure if I agree that SF IV is stripped down to the basics–with now two meters, one of which is divided into sections that can be used for either EX attacks or focus attacks, dash canceling focus attacks, etc. It’s just a different set of complexities than SF3. I can, however, agree that it’s fucking awesome.

March 9th, 2009 at 8:44 am

Tim.. I HIGHLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THE X-ARCADE STICKS!

I own a set for my MAME cabinet and if Microsoft allowed them to make.. Id so retire my cabinet for a couple weeks and use those controllers on my 360. I’m so joining the band wagon on that! Over all on SF4, it is done well.. but I do miss the parry system

Edie.. you didn’t know about 9/9/99.. COME ON!! Maybe we should all pitch in an purchase a system for her. Seriously.. the advertising Sega did! That held up a well like the Halo launches and MGS.

Great show you two!

iggy310

March 9th, 2009 at 11:26 am

9/9/99 was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the release date the Beatles RB game. Still remember all of the ads.

March 10th, 2009 at 6:14 am

Why the Elite deserves to retire:

Elite: $399

Arcade: $199
120 GB hd (from Amazon):$140

So Elite Minus Black Paint = $339

Black Paint = $60

Commander Tim

March 10th, 2009 at 11:50 am

If anybody needing further convincing that BlazBlue is chock-full of wacky Japanese awesomeness, then click this link and be saved.

Hoshneer

March 11th, 2009 at 2:07 am

Rally’s Double BBQ Burger w/Onion Rings is so tasty!

March 11th, 2009 at 5:59 am

I wish I was interested in fighting games. Sadly, I am not. I also did not know about 9/9/99. I shall flog myself in abject shame.

Cat

March 11th, 2009 at 8:43 am

I didn’t know about it either, sorry!

Hawkes

March 17th, 2009 at 8:25 am

Jez I thought EVERYONE knew 9/9/09.. :)

And you call that a Hawkes impression? Pathetic.. ;)