Edie Guests on Digital Cowboys

19 Mar 2009

Just as a quick FYI, GamerEdie Sellers will be the special guest on the Digital Cowboys podcast this Saturday. This would be a good time to meet the new kids on the block, as the Digital Cowboy hosts, Alex and Tony, are heading your way on next week’s Humpdate.

So check it out on their website.

15 Responses to Edie Guests on Digital Cowboys

Steve Vice

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Gratz on the flamebait article about Sony charging publishers for dlc! Are you really that desperate for a something to rag on Sony for? Damn you are getting tiresome! Turned into just like the worst kind of “journalist” there is around the webs. Like your partner in crime with the “Killzone 2 most returned game to date…..2 days pre-launch”…

Wannabe Gamerand—edie, desperate for attention…also….by the comments lately, looks like buziniz is just zooming along….

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Steve,

Dude.. wow.. I would love to know what puppy of yours Edie killed..

e-mail me. Hawkes@GameHounds.net

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Wow….someone needs to back off the hounds hate brigade.

Some people take this business too serious.

Chill steve.

Steve Vice

March 23rd, 2009 at 1:09 pm

No hate towards you Hawkes.

Edie is just trying to getting attention in the worst way possible and she should know that.

You cant read that article Edie wrote and not get just a hint of desperate Sony hatred. She is basically telling people to get a 360 on the fact that Sony is charging publishers for the bandwidth instead of the consumers. If someone gives you that as an argument for not buying a console they are really truly fucking reaching.

March 23rd, 2009 at 1:28 pm

SteveVice,

I really expected more of you. I mean, there’s an element of Sony enthusiasts who won’t allow anyone to say anything bad about Sony, ever. We call them fanbois, and I tend to ignore them because they aren’t our listeners and, honestly, I’m not interested in courting them.

But you know better. You know I’m no Xbox fangirl. You know I love my PS3 and you know I defended Sony even when it really didn’t deserve it. You know that, if anything, I’m a Sony fangirl, but I won’t turn off my brain for any company, and if I offer an opinion it’s usually well-considered and thought out.

And you know that I am always open to intelligent debate from anyone who thinks I’m wrong.

I’m surprised at you, as a longtime listener of GameHounds, that you haven’t figured that out. Or that a devotion to Sony would make you forget it.

If you think anything I wrote in that article is wrong, please feel free to contact me. We can go head-to-head on a GameHounds episode. You can defend all those commenters, most of whom apparently didn’t even read the article because they couldn’t even get the facts right. I won’t even make you defend the comments that were as badly spelled as they are sexist. Leave desperate, infantile misogyny at the door and make your case with your mind, not your heart.

You know where to find me. Edie@gamehounds.net. Hell, I’m sure Hawkes wouldn’t mind jumping in on that one as well.

If you really think I’m wrong, don’t reduce yourself to slavish fanboi flames on a random article of ours. Stand up and argue your point like a grown up. The stage is yours.

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Oh SNAP!

j/k

Steve Vice

March 23rd, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Take a gander: http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4806.html

Well its pretty much based upon being a long time listener of the show that I have pretty much figured you out.

The thing that really makes your article make you a hot item over at The Sun is this

“By imposing this “bandwidth fee” Sony has effectively turned the PS3 into an exclusive-only console, because if given a choice between two consoles to buy a game — one of which offers you better expansion content for better prices — customers will choose that console.

The only time they will chose otherwise is if they have no other choice but to buy a game for the PS3. And the PS3 doesn’t have enough exclusive titles to keep it afloat in the next year.”

Exclusive only console? are you really that thick? If sales are your thing Resident Evil 5 is selling better on the PS3 than the 360 worldwide.

And that the system doesnt have enought exclusives to keep it afloat this year? Seriously how thick are you? This is sensasionalism and you know it.

March 23rd, 2009 at 2:09 pm

Soooo… does that mean I can reserve space for you next weekend?

Oh, and for the record… “” Sony has effectively turned the PS3 into an exclusive-only console” Yeah, I totally stole that word for word from Hawkes when I talked to him about it.

So save your comments and hate, bring your brain and save the date.

Because turning the comments of a completely random and unrelated GameHounds post isn’t helping your point.

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 2:22 pm

“And the PS3 doesn’t have enough exclusive titles to keep it afloat in the next year.”

I don’t agree with that statement to be honest. Right now it seems like microsoft does not have enough exclusives for the rest of the year, past say Halo ODST. But i’m sure that will be rectified at electronic three.

Apart from that the article seems fair.

I’m going to stop mucking up the comments and leave it at that.

March 23rd, 2009 at 2:55 pm

Proof,

Honestly? Do you really think, if everybody bought thee Xbox version of titles on both consoles… if the PS3 was relegated to people only buying the games that were exclusive…EXCLUSIVE… to PS3, it wouldn’t destroy the PS3?

And I never said the exact same situation wouldn’t happen with Xbox. If everyone who had a choice bought PS3 titles and the only thing Xbox sold was its exclusives, it would go bust, too.

I don’t think that’s too far fetched. Unless you know something I dont. NO console can survive only on it’s exclusives, at least not in the foreseeable future.

March 23rd, 2009 at 2:57 pm

Now shhhh… trying to edit a podcast, people…

Take it to the forums!

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Lies, Clearly you were just flamebaiting with an article like that. I think that is obvious to the PS 7 NATION ARMY and myself exactly what you were trying to do. Your must have never played KILLZONE 2 LITTLE BIG PLANET and UNCHARTED. Stop lying to yourself edie and hawkes you xbots and go back to your red ringing consoles of doom!

(This is obviously sarcasam….for the less informed people out there :) )

March 23rd, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Holy son of a toaster frakker!! I ask one question and it goes like this?!?

Yikes.!

Oh and proof?? I got ya.. :)

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I’m sorry I just had to keep prodding it….and then it just exploded and went everywhere :)

Btw on topic, ill give this podcast a listen, just for you edie.

Hoshneer

March 24th, 2009 at 2:27 am

Wow! Looks like I missed out on a good time.