GameHounds Episode 59: No New News to Tell

23 Mar 2009

God, news is slow. GDC just started, and there’s nothing… NOTTTTHHHHing going on.

So, as Tim and Edie spent the evening trying to find topics for the show, it became evident that there was not enough news to actually talk about, so they made the world’s longest pre-show.

Bunches of topics. Next week, more structure… We promise.

13 Responses to GameHounds Episode 59: No New News to Tell

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 6:09 pm

Yay! I thought there was no show this week, and to my suprise, here is one!

Thank you gamehounds for saving my workday tomorrow.

March 23rd, 2009 at 6:22 pm

No problem. Sorry it’s late. I was to busy wiping my ass with my Dualshock controller.

Yeah… it’s uncomfortable, but it’s a hell of a lot easier than aiming that steamer at my copy of MGS4.

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 6:39 pm

:) Edie did you really have to lower yourself to that joke.

MGS4 is by far the most amazing game I have ever played/watched. I pray that lightning will strike twice with the eventual MGS5. I’m even willing to accept old heroes back (Trying to avoid spoilers here)

Maybe you could aim your steamer at Resistance 2, there I said it….SUCK IT RESISTANCE FANS.

I feel dirty now. Thanks Edie!

proofplayer

March 23rd, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Hey edie….seems like the file is not there…it also errors on itunes. Just a heads up.

March 23rd, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Commander Tim

March 23rd, 2009 at 8:45 pm

NOW the scaling chip argument makes sense. 4 magical little letters were missing; HDMI.

Makes me glad I’m still proudly rocking the VGA connection on my launch system.

March 24th, 2009 at 8:29 am

Not sure they should be pinning E74 errors on the HDMI interface. They were around long before the console had HDMI– I got a ton of them on my launch console before it eventually red ringed as well. Either way, bleh @ their rubbish hardware.

And, about the penis (which is a phrase I love to use), do you really think those artists didn’t spend an absolutely absurd amount of time drawing nude people when they were in art school? I know I did. I can render old schlong, young schlong, long schlong, shy schlong–you name it. It’s a handy skill to have when you need to entertain yourself on a rainy day.

Commander Tim

March 24th, 2009 at 9:18 am

I’ll admit, I too spent far too much of my art education drawing naked people… never did use those skills much when I was doing design professionally. :-)

March 24th, 2009 at 9:26 am

Yea, it was a slow week…

Id love to go on here and discuss my Dreamcast Collection.

The penis talk at the end… god damn. I lost my soda.. again!

good show you two!

Tacitus

March 24th, 2009 at 9:47 am

Many (not all) Re the PSN cost thing. I think thats the reason Fallout 3 DLC is not coming to the PS3. And the real problem is that there is no limit on the charges – it would be probably fine if they were only charged for a single download for each PS3. But people could download the same demo or DLC over and over again and the dev would be charged each time. If it was a controlled and fixed charge per size of the download so that the developers could predict their cost, I bet there would not be problems.

Madaracs

March 25th, 2009 at 10:04 pm

Heh. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who remembers Boba Fett’s first appearance. Yet, I’m somewhat proud… F’n kids.

Cat

March 27th, 2009 at 3:07 pm

That was some random Sporks/Penis talking!

Kudos for making something out of nothing, bad for me I was on a bus when the penis convo started..

Cat