GameHounds Episode 63: Leggo My Lego

26 Apr 2009

microphoneHey! Guess what? We actually have a GameHounds episode, it’s on time, and it features Cooper Hawkes (with Edie Sellers). It’s the grand hat trick of podcasting.

This week, Hawkes and Edie discuss:

8 Responses to GameHounds Episode 63: Leggo My Lego

April 26th, 2009 at 8:32 pm

I actually think Kotaku showed pretty incredible restraint, considering that the story actually broke on Wednesday the 22nd–immediately after the event:

I’m not sure what they’re expected to do when the genie is so completely out of the bottle. If InFamous pre-order boxes are on shelves three days before the embargo lifts (which they were, since I saw one myself at Best Buy on Friday), are they really supposed to sit on the story, when the public has access to the info? Of course there’s still plenty of detail to be divulged tomorrow, and at least they didn’t spill any of those beans.

April 27th, 2009 at 6:23 am

Actually mik, that makes it worse.

Cause I hadn’t heard about the ScrewAttack episode until you pointed it out. That means, (in my theory) Kotaku heard/saw the episode, realized it was gonna come out anyway, and rather than link to ScrewAttack and give them the credit, they fabricated their way to being the one to break it.

It’s dirty pool no matter how you slice it.

April 27th, 2009 at 6:36 am

The boxes are out. On the shelves. In the hands of customers. At that point, is anyone “breaking” the story? It would be idiotic to ignore the whole thing and wait until Monday.

April 27th, 2009 at 7:20 am

@mik,

Perhaps, but why act like they have no idea what the details are when they were at the same damn event as 99% of the online gaming places were??

tacitus

April 27th, 2009 at 12:07 pm

gamefly vs USPS … when netflix first (or at least the first couple of years) of its existence there were a lot of complaints. Not about breakage but about DVDs going missing. I suspect IF there is a different rate of missing discs at this time its due it the fact that games are now $60 while your average new DVD is like $15. Also, when netflix first started the average DVD was more expensive than now. Also, being much larger, netflix probably pays for additional metering services over the counter. (this last part is speculation)

April 27th, 2009 at 8:12 pm

1. Though 800 MSP/$10 does seem to be the new floor for content on XBL, one interesting counter-example (interestingly, published by Microsoft!) is Fable 2′s upcoming See the Future DLC (560 MSP).

2. I love quick time ‘harch. (Edie will get this).

April 27th, 2009 at 8:19 pm

LOL. Oh, yes I do, HBR.

And I do indeed love the quicktime harch. In fact, I’ve often wondered why Quicktime didn’t ever name one of its products the “harch.”

But that’s another podcast entirely.

Blacksphearvoid