GameHounds Episode 83: The Lost Joke Episode

5 Oct 2009

microphoneLost joke? Yeah, it was almost a lost episode.

First, let’s dispatch with the credits. Opening music is “Sucky Yaki” from the album Nothin’ But Sausage from Ken Yokoyama. The vocals on that track are not Ken, but the GameHouds official Japanese interpreter and “assistant sound engineer” Serge Verhovski (also known as the bass player for that album). We got his permission for the music, and we think it’s very fitting for the first episode back after our soirèe to Tokyo.

Next, closing music is “Gay Bar” by Electric Six.

As for show notes, GamerEdie and Cooper Hawkes discuss:

6 Responses to GameHounds Episode 83: The Lost Joke Episode

WillG

October 6th, 2009 at 9:15 am

Reguarding the non transfer of DSi software to a new system, this is also true for the Wii. When my home was broken into two years ago, my Wii was among the items stolen. I called Nintendo to report the serial of the stolen console. When I bought a replacement, I called to get my VC games trasferred over to the new console, they would not let me. Even though I registered both consoles online and had the report number from when I reported the first one stolen.

I also called Microsoft for the same incident and let them know that my Xbox was stolen and they flagged the serial number on the console and when I got a new 360 they I was able to redownload all of my XBLA and map pack content with no problems and they even sent me a free memory card and some XBLA game codes for my trouble.

Tobli

October 6th, 2009 at 10:08 am

Aww , contest locked to the American itunes . Ah well, i guess you wouldn’t want to ship it across the pond.

Despite the problems you might expect with the lost material. It was a pretty good episode. My favorite part was the DLC related talk.

October 6th, 2009 at 5:53 pm

Is the punchline to the lost joke: “The Aristocrats!”?

Scott Jacobs

October 7th, 2009 at 5:41 am

“A dialog between game publishers, developers, and gamers”?

My fear is what gamers they are going to have representing us…

Because no good can come from having certain parts of the SDF or XBL at the table for us…

tacitus

October 7th, 2009 at 6:23 pm

I do want to apologize for not rating gamehounds on itunes; last time I tried itunes it behaved really badly, so I took off the buggy piece of crap. I just use the podcast RSS feed.

WillG sorry for your nintendo problems; and good for microsoft. I will not buy an nintendo box at all because of their policy.

Enjoy you podcast.

October 15th, 2009 at 8:15 am

YOU, I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR.. I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR.. I WANNA TAKE YOU TO A GAY BAR GAY BAR GAY BAR!!

Fucking love Electric 6.