GameHounds Episode 87: It’s Got More Zombies!

9 Nov 2009

pumpkingh2Yes, more zombies it does have. And more Edie Sellers and more Commander Tim.

But it’s got less Cooper Hawkes. Crisp and clean!

This week, Edie and Tim discuss:

10 Responses to GameHounds Episode 87: It’s Got More Zombies!

Commander Tim

November 9th, 2009 at 4:48 pm

Actually, it WAS Killzone 2 he sent me. I get those screwed up all the time. Heh. Anyway, games are here, PS3 has been sent back for repairs. Thanks again DreamScar!

superslug

November 9th, 2009 at 6:45 pm

treyarch make the off season cod games. Gearbox did a bunch of off season valve stuff I think.

superslug

November 9th, 2009 at 6:46 pm

also the brothers in arms games

Commander Tim

November 9th, 2009 at 8:18 pm

I hope you hung in there for the 1 minute after we questioned that; we correct ourselves.

November 9th, 2009 at 10:32 pm

And yet another awesome show (even if Edie was stuffed up.. oh god NyQuil is da bomb!) Sucks to hear Tims semi new PS3 kinda shot craps.. but if all goes well, we should hit up some Ridge Racer 7 man!

Before I go.. if you ever need another podcaster, you can always ring me!

robbway

November 10th, 2009 at 7:28 am

Fairytale fights is on both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It just doesn’t appeal to me. Not my bag, baby!

November 10th, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Tim’s reaction to LittleBigPlanet did not surprise me–but it did definitely delight me. I have to think that reaction is nearly universal for any designer/artist confronted with that piece of software.

Beyond the game itself (which I certainly do find to be a ton of fun), just reveling in the degree of thought, love, attention, and genius in every minute detail of that game is enough to make it one of the most-played games in my house, even a year later.

I liken it to looking at design annuals and awards publications for art & advertising: you’re simultaneously inspired by the amazing work on display, and kind of shamed that you should be doing more with your own talent.

Once your PS3 comes back, you’ll have to check out some of the top user-created levels. There are some things on there that I’m sure even Media Molecule couldn’t have envisioned.

Commander Tim

November 10th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

I certainly will. The game is a thing of beauty. Just totally and completely awe-inspiring.

superslug

November 11th, 2009 at 1:58 pm

I did hang in there but but it didn’t seem like posting anything extra would make me look less like an impatient idiot.

The brothers in arms games were not “b” team so borderlands was not their first outing into original game territory, I disagree with the criticisms leveled at the game in this cast for the most part anyway

Doug

November 20th, 2009 at 9:00 am

Hi GameHounds – sorry its taken me awhile to get here and comment on this episode, but I feel the need to point out ANY one claiming dedicated servers are a ‘relic’ and no longer needed is simply put lying their heads off.

Dedicated servers are necessary for smooth multiplayer with more than 9vs9 games. Dedicated servers, however, means that Infinity Ward would have had no way to convince people to buy the XBox version over the PC version – by crapping up the PC version, they increase the sales of XBox/PS3 version – I’m guessing they get more profit per sale on console than PC.

Further, I think Infinity Ward simply believe that piracy is ‘too high’ to be worth bothering, but Activison are forcing them to release on PC too because more platforms == more sales.

Hopefully, most companies won’t be in a strong enough position to screw over their customers on the PC.