GameHounds Episode 95: TiVo Prolapse

17 Jan 2010

microphoneOh, if you only knew what that title meant. You’d be… shocked! Dismayed! Horrified!

Three adjectives we can only hope you experience in this week’s episode of GameHounds.

GamerEdie Sellers, Commander Tim and guest host Holy Goalie crack the nut of this week’s gaming news round-up.

Topics include:

11 Responses to GameHounds Episode 95: TiVo Prolapse

Bodabo

January 17th, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Tim I love you even more now that I hear you like the trailer park boys. Its one of my all time favorite shows lol. But for anyone who has not seen the show it self , i think its hard to see how good the tpbs are jus from the first movie. I really think the second movie did a better job of attracting the casual movie watcher.

Tim have you ever seen the show Corner Gas?

Freeman

January 18th, 2010 at 3:40 am

You know.. I’ve tried to get into this podcast for the past few months. I have to admit the first episode I heard, I ultimately ended up turning off before it was over. I couldn’t have picked a worse.. or I suppose better episode to give another shot to. I’m all for good humor but seriously, a Haiti joke? I was beginning to think the guy raging over people lamenting about games like Psychonauts that never even played it in it’s time would be the reason why I’d end up giving up on you guys. But not even a whiny guy that uses wikipedia as his source of information is as irritating as a pampered suburb woman who doesn’t know class from trash. Good luck to you all.

Commander Tim

January 18th, 2010 at 5:06 am

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Freeman. It’s great to have listeners like you!

January 18th, 2010 at 3:53 pm

The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom isn’t available for the DS. The game Edie was describing is Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure. Great game–but a different game. As of now, Winterbottom is only coming to Xbox 360.

Also, the Konami guitar game is called GuitarFreaks. Gitaroo Man is a Koei game. One of my favorite music games ever, in fact.

Now I’m off to play with my prolapsed rectum!

January 18th, 2010 at 5:29 pm

Oh that’s right. Henry Hatsworth… PB Winterbottom… Oh dear, my bad. I think it’s time for a moratorium on cute-character named games.

And for the record… why do people always say “suburban” when they mean “white”? And why are all “suburban” women “pampered”? Does that mean all “urban” women aren’t pampered? Because I can surely find you a lot more pampered “urban” women than I.

In fact, I load their luggage onto planes. For barely above minimum wage.

Sean

January 18th, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Wow, touchy, touchy. I haven’t listened to the show yet (like fine wine, I prefer to let my preferred podcasts age), but I can say that this ain’t the only P*N show that dared to make with the Haiti humor. So don’t get exclusively all up in the Gamehounds’ proverbial grill.

robbway

January 19th, 2010 at 11:55 am

I have a problem with understanding “best sellers” as well. I don’t believe Wii Play should be in there. Wii Play is a pack-in with a controller. Wii Fit is a pack-in with the balance board (which isn’t good for much else). Wii Sports Resort, Punch Out, and Tiger Woods 10 were all pack-ins with the Motion Plus. So I guess the best way to handle the most-sales question is a la carte games, but also including special editions, since you buy them for their own sake.

Unfortunately, that idea falls flat when discussing the Rock-Band-like games.

Wallless Fury

January 19th, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I have to admit if Tim is David Wallace from the office, then Cooper HAS to be Dwight Shrute, the guy who does the most outrageous shit! and Edie would be Pam, the voice of reason who tries to calm the other people down lol

Carolyn

January 20th, 2010 at 7:54 am

@WalllessFury: Edie is more like Kelly or Meridith; brash with her own agenda. She revels in the chaos (as proven by her delight at poking the angry badgers known as Hawkes and Commander), not trying to quash it!

January 21st, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I’m just heartbroken that after you talked about crossing the streams, nobody said “Yeah, that would be bad. Thanks for the safety tip Egon!”

WillG

January 24th, 2010 at 8:38 pm

The Haiti joke was in bad taste but this is the GameHounds and there ain’t nothing PC about this podcast, which I like.

I think Tim acts more like Dwight, who delights in the fact that his behavior causes people not to like him but he is damn good at his job so they must respect him. Hawkes is a like an R-rated version of Jim Halpert who stirs up shit but is so likeable that no one cares. Edie is more of a Pam with a little Meridith thrown in. She isn’t she most knowlegeble but you can’t question her passion or heart. Like Meridith she has been know to get drunk off her ass in public and say inapporiate things at the wrong time.

editing