GameHounds Episode 97: Mass Effective

8 Feb 2010

microphoneYes, you’ve waited two weeks to find out what the GameHounds think of Mass Effect 2. The waiting is now over!

This week, Cooper Hawkes, Commander Tim and Edie Sellers tongue-kiss the latest and greatest exploits of Commander Sheppard, as well as get down and dirty with the lastest news of the gaming world.

This week’s topics include:

• Microsoft announces that it will end Xbox Live for Xbox 1 games and consoles on April 15. The king is dead, long live the king.
  • A Sony big-wig finally says the fateful words: PSN will be a paid-for service at some point. Will it be an upgrade? What will it cost? That they’re not saying.
  • Green Man Gaming execs explain more about how the service will be able to buy used digital downloads back from consumers. Of course, they don’t explain everything.
  • Random stuff, emails, voice mails, thank yous and the rest of the gang.

10 Responses to GameHounds Episode 97: Mass Effective

February 8th, 2010 at 7:29 pm

if you played ME1, and enjoyed the elevators as much as I did, you MUST go to the Citadel with Garrus and Tali in your party. I don’t want to spoil it. You will enjoy their dialogue!

SpazMat

February 9th, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Edie–you were not the only one to have the sound drop out in the Asari’s side quest. It happened to me as well, and at least one other person over on Gamerhusbands. Go figure.

Wallless Fury

February 9th, 2010 at 3:22 pm

when Tim was talking about the Wii game, the first thing that came to my mind was the Infomercial I seen for the new workout to remedy flabby arms. if you havent seen it the people have a dumbell and shake it up and down, and the weights on the ends move with the movement, I thought it was funny since it looked like the women were jacking it off

February 9th, 2010 at 5:50 pm

I had the audio drop out during Samara’s loyalty quest as well. But that’s the only glitch I had.

Slymanx

February 9th, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I’ve been out of the loop for a few months, but I’m glad to be back listening to GameHounds. I missed you guys! I bet you don’t even remember me, haha. Pssh, but how could I leave when I’ve been here since 2006.

Great episode!

WillG

February 10th, 2010 at 3:54 pm

Thanks to all your Mass Effect talk, I decided to finish my playthorough of Mass Effect 1. Is it worth it for me to finish ME1 before getting ME2?

February 10th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Yes, to get the full effect of running into people from ME1 and seeing consequences. Plus the higher the level you import, the better the bonuses you get.

February 10th, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I think so. Yes, you’ll still like ME2 if you don’t start with a character, but I think you get much more out of the story and the entire experience if you come into it with a foundational experience with many of the people you meet again in ME2.

But it also depends on how much the story matters to you. For me, ME was about the struggle against the Reapers and the Geth and developing the different relationships (not just romantic). But I’m a chick. It might just be more a chick-thing.

WillG

February 12th, 2010 at 11:49 am

I have been consumed with Mass Effect since Monday. I guess ME1 was to me what The Wire is to everyone I push that show on. Some great piece of media that everyone praises so much that it makes me not want to play it because I don’t think it can live up to my expectations. Just like I converted the doubters into fans of The Wire, I am too BioWare’s B!tch. I just hate that I waisted upgrade points on some talents on my first stab at the game that are utterly useless to me now.

Also, watch The Wire…..NOW!

February 12th, 2010 at 1:18 pm

“If every time Snot Boogie stole the money, why’d you let him play?”

“Got to. This America, man.”