Changing of the Guard

In: Podcasts|Website by Edie Sellers

17 Feb 2010

phoenixOkay… nobody panic. Everything is fine.

Sit down, take a breath. Remember, do *not* panic.

… Commander Tim is stepping down from GameHounds.

Now, wait. I said don’t panic!

This is not a bad thing. He’s just way too busy with school, work and the rest. The forums now being on Pink Ninja is proof that he’s still a dear friend of the podcast, and we wish he would stay. And one day in the future he may just come back. But right now he’s stretched way thin and he needed to let something go.

Also, you’ll still be able to hear him on The Widget Show, so it’s not like he’s disappearing, he’s just condensing a bit.

But with the sad news comes some happy stuff.

Our semi-regular fill-in, Holy Goalie, will be a new, permanent replacement for Commander Tim! We’re really thrilled to bring his dulcet tones and bad Tiger Woods jokes to you every week as a regular part of GameHounds.

Please feel free to send your love, adoration and congratulatory wishes to Holy Goalie!

14 Responses to Changing of the Guard

SeijinAxeman

February 17th, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Many many cogratulatory wishes and adoration to Holy Goalie from my wife and me, perfect addition to the regular show!! Tim will be missed, he has a unique point of view which makes for some great conversations. Holy Goalie will have no trouble filling those shoes. Looking forward to the next episode :)

etjester

February 17th, 2010 at 2:16 pm

Goalie in, Tim out.

I’m supposed to think this is a bad thing?

MajMalfunction

February 17th, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Glad you listened to me and promoted my choice… ;)

Steven Jones

February 17th, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Well, well. All change! Well not all, but 1/3 change does not a saying make! Whilst I will miss Tim’s counterpoints on GameHounds and tech savy input, I’m a regular Widget Show guy so I know I can always get my fix there. So all the best to HG in his new post, catching up on the few episodes recently where he was I guess, in hindsight, being trialled there was a good play off in opinions so alls well that ends well I say :)
Everyone keep up the good work!

February 17th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Its for the better. Good luck to Holy for stepping up, and good luck to Tim while hes in school!

Giftzwer76

February 17th, 2010 at 8:03 pm

NOOOO!!!!

WillG

February 17th, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Congrats to Holy Goalie. I think he will be a more then capable replacement and has fit right in when he subbed in past episodes.

Wallless Fury

February 18th, 2010 at 10:09 am

I am thinking Holy Goalie would be Kevin from The Office

Kohlstream

February 18th, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Gonna miss Tim but sometimes life catches up to you can you gotta beat the crap out of it for a while….or somthing. I don”t know where i was going with that. Awesome replacement though in Holy Goalie!

Killabyte

February 18th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

To be honest I think Holy Goalie will be able to contribute more to the podcast than Tim. Its nothing personal but he just doesn’t have much to say on Gamehounds these days…..

February 18th, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I’m just wondering if I get my little xbox avatar thingy on the right side of the Gamehounds page now.

I mean, it was in my contract.

Kaz

February 18th, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Well, I hope my resume wasn’t ignored! Snubbed again! (j/k)

Congrats Goalie. Don’t let all the power go to your head!

Commander Tim

February 21st, 2010 at 7:08 am

See, I’m pleasing the haters and the fans. I’ve still got it! :-)

Thanks everyone. I’ll see you on the other side.

Snakeman555

February 23rd, 2010 at 10:30 pm

At first I HATED Tim, but he has really grown on me and I will really miss him on gamehounds. Now for the present I really hate Goalie, and hopefully he can grow on me like Tim did. Good luck to Goalie, and Goodbye to Tim :(