Episode 111: Stepto and Marble Underwear

19 May 2010

microphoneThis week, we have another very special guest. And this one has a banhammer with him.

Stephen Toulouse, director of policy and enforcement at Xbox Live, joins Holy Goalie, Cooper Hawkes and Edie Sellers to talk about how Microsoft keeps Xbox Live like a motel toilet — safe and sanitized for your protection. He answers questions about how the work is done, what part of his job gives him a big, fat chubby, and whether it’s “Step-to” or “Step-toe.” All the questions you want to know!

In addition, they chat up the week’s biggest news, including:

7 Responses to Episode 111: Stepto and Marble Underwear

Wallless Fury

May 19th, 2010 at 10:53 pm

so since we are on the subject of gamertags that Stepto doesnt like I had 2 of them since coming to XBL that were banned, Annul Seep1j and Tasty Dangler. just thought you guys would like to know!

Gemini Ass

May 20th, 2010 at 5:47 am

I haven’t listened to the show but I think I can guess why console and game sales are slumping. Oversaturation. Who can afford and has time to play all these games? I mean, at least 5 good games release this week and next. Maybe more. Split/Second, Blur, Modnation Racers, Red Dead, Alan Wake… I mean come on.

tacitus

May 20th, 2010 at 8:28 am

March NPD had 5 weeks; April NPD had 4 weeks. Still bad but not as bad. I have to say if they really want the opening month sales to brag about NPD, they need to go back to preorder discounts and opening week discounts. Face it $60 is a lot of bucks.

MajMalfunction

May 20th, 2010 at 7:00 pm

That is an excellent guest for you guys. I am very proud of you.

May 25th, 2010 at 6:15 am

I’m pretty sure I have some good shots of Stepto and the Book of Enforcement if you want one!

Jallen

May 26th, 2010 at 3:38 am

Bit upset you didn’t ask him about changing your namer-tag for charity. If anybody could have cleared the name poopercocks he was the man.

Sean

June 5th, 2010 at 11:46 am

If I had had the chance to address Mr. Stepto, I’d express my disappointment that the profile filter prevented me from making Vis Vobiscum (my best Latin translation for May The Force be with you) my XBL motto.

As for the NPD thing, it made me wonder if those traditionally slow months wasn’t a bad thing for overall sales. Face it, in any economy, most gamers (including the parents who fund the younger ones’ gaming habit) get tapped out at some point, and having a near-steady stream of solid releases since last September didn’t help.