Episode 143: HeHounds vs. SheHounds

24 Apr 2011

It was just a mild-mannered day — if inanimate objects can be mild-mannered — and the four hosts of GameHounds got together for a podcast.

And it was just an average email from a listener. Just Leah Haydu, Holy Goalie, Nick Dinicola, and Edie Sellers doing their usual podcast thing.

What ensued was anything but average.

Battle lines were drawn, with boys on one side and girls on the other. What resulted was one of the best debates about sex, gender, and gaming we’ve ever had on a show.

When we weren’t discussing whether girls should get back in the kitchen and make me some pie (kidding!), topics include:

7 Responses to Episode 143: HeHounds vs. SheHounds

Leah

April 24th, 2011 at 11:29 am

*Three* hosts?

/sadface

April 24th, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Whups. Fixed.

IronFist74

April 26th, 2011 at 4:30 am

If Goalie comes to the next show and states that he is going to buy a gaming pc or is looking for a copy of Radiant Silvergun from Japan I will be convinced that Commander Tim somehow took over control of Holy Goalie.

Scuigi

April 26th, 2011 at 10:41 am

Loved the discussion in this episode. More of these, please.

Motley Gunner

April 27th, 2011 at 4:21 am

Wow Gamehounds gets pretty serious with that discussion of Mass Effect, This is the gaming podcast I listen to for a great laugh but it’s nice to hear something different every now and then.

It’s also great to see a quick turn-around on this episode, only 5 days instead of what seems to be the regular 10 which makes your news segments really old (not complaining, just saying)

April 27th, 2011 at 8:23 am

Iron Fist, yeah I’m scared too. I’m having too much fun with these old Sega and Nintendo games, along with the Atari games on the Flashback 2.

Scuigi, yeah that was a great discussion, but I think Nick and I put the Bitchezz in their place.

Motley, yeah Gamehounds is more than just Ball Gags and Nut Grabs.

Sean

May 1st, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Funny that Cmdr. Tim got a callback, your little Shepard-inspired knock-down-drag-out reminded me of an old tweet of his saying gamers are just a bunch of whiny assholes.

Also, when I heard how weak Nick sounded in The Bitchless Episode I was reminded of having read somewhere that Metallica mixed Newstead’s bass parts almost completely out of the final version of that album, hence the comparison. Maybe that will make it make more sense.