Episode 158: The Return of the Tim

10 Oct 2011

Cough. Hack.

Yeah, this should be titled the Cold and Flu Season episode.

That’s what’s held up this podcast. GameHounds HQ has been crushed by illness, with everyone in the household dead on their feet and hacking up furballs.

Fortunately, you can’t get the flu over the internet, so GamerEdie didn’t spread the plague to co-hosts Nick Dinicola and Holy Goalie. Nor did she give it to special guest, Tim Wilsie of The Widget Podcast. You remember Tim. Former co-host? Deep voice? Brain the size of a planet and all they do is let him open and close doors? Yeah, that guy.

Tim visits us to talk about the return of GameFan Magazine and sticks around to talk about games, Netflix, and all the other stuff.

Also, listen to this episode and you could get a free copy of Issue 6 of GameFan.

11 Responses to Episode 158: The Return of the Tim

Allan

October 12th, 2011 at 5:47 am

I totally agree with Edie about the character animation and voice acting on Deus Ex. I remember telling my wife in the first couple of days how disappointed I was with those two aspects because the gameplay is so much fun! I’m no Steam Achievement whore, but I played through twice and got all the achievements. Playing through on hardest and going for the pacifist achievement was some of the best fun I’ve had since ME2. It’s just too bad that I can’t stand to play through again because the story/voicing/animation is disappointing.

Scuigi

October 12th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Loved the episode!

Just wondering – how does the content of GameFanMag compare to Killscreen Magazine?

Also, where’s the promo code page on the GFM site? Looked around for a while and didn’t see a place to enter the code.

David

October 13th, 2011 at 3:03 am

Hehe, only took until 7:26 for the Saturn to get mentioned.

Troy

October 16th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I agreed with how Edie felt about Deus Ex. I honestly think it feels like a last gen game. Also the obligatory: “I never asked for this” -Adam Jenson

October 16th, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Oh thank gawd I’m not the only one. I was wondering if I was just being too hard on Deus Ex.

As for where to add the code: Just put the edition six in your card, and when you go to check out, use the promo code. It should make the cart total $0.00.

Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

Compared to Killscreen, not sure. Never looked at Killscreen, but if you pick up a free copy, let me know how it compares.

Live4Life

October 18th, 2011 at 12:55 am

Hey Edie, did you ever post a link to the video upscaler Tim was talking about?

Darn Ragnar

October 20th, 2011 at 12:19 am

For those who are interested the promo code for GameFanMag is still working. Just redeemed it today

October 20th, 2011 at 10:11 am

Scuigi

October 21st, 2011 at 8:14 am

Just got my free copy of gamefanmag thanks to Darn Ragnar. Looks good!

Also found samplers for issues 3 and 4 of KillScreen, for those interested.

Scuigi

October 21st, 2011 at 8:41 am

Just picked up my copy of Gamefanmag Issue 6 and also found links to sampler issues of Kill Screen magazine, for those interested:

Scuigi

October 25th, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Got my issue of GameFanMag, and it looks gorgeous!

And for those interested, here’s links to two sampler issues of Kill Screen magazine. It’s much more text-heavy, but the writing is very good.

I’ve inserted spaces into the URLs in hopes that they’ll pass the comment thread URL filter.

ht tp://killscreendaily.com/includes/pdfs /KillScreen_Issue_3_Sampler.pdf