Without going into too much lurid detail, let’s just say don’t dive into Metro: Last Light unless you’re completely okay with great, rumbling digital roundies.
Holy Goalie, Nick Dinicola, and Edie Sellers are okay with them. Mostly. When they’re not being texted to them in awkward situations.
Speaking of awkward, the GameHounds gang rounds up the week’s gaming news, including:
- Reviews of Steam’s trading-card beta, Metro: Last Light, Machines at War 3, Men of War, Tower of Elements, Silent Hill: Downpour.
- Sources close to Polygon say, actually, there won’t be a used game fee on the Xbox One. At least for the next week until they change their minds.
- German officials are not okay with an always-on Kinect in households. Don’t like it. Don’t like it a bit.
- Could Microsoft bring achievements to TV watching? One patent it holds says so.
- EA’s CFO said that you’ll see new Xbox 360 games being made until 2017.
- The Curiosity cube has been cracked, and the winner is a god. Literally.
- Buck or Chuck: Trailer Park King Episode 2 (Xbox), Guns N Noses (Xbox), Airport Anarchy (Xbox), Map My Walk (iOS).